RS Pro Mild Steel, Zinc Plated Hexagonal Threaded Standoffs
From RS Pro a range of robust, high-quality hexagonal shaped standoffs made from zinc plated mild steel with a metric internal thread or threaded stud on either end. These versatile standoffs are designed to securely mount your PCB as well as elevating it from other components such as the inside of a computer chassis or another PCB. They are also ideal for improving airflow space around components when the equipment becomes hot. These stand-offs are available in a range of different heights and threads sizes to suit a wide range of PCB applications
What are Threaded Standoffs?
Standoffs are used to separate a PCB by a set distance from other components or a base board serving a similar function as spacers. These standoffs are available with male-female or female-female configurations to suit a wide range of PCB applications. The female-female has an internal thread either end. The male-female has an internal thread one end and an external threaded stud or screw the other to enable components to be joined together.
Features and Benefits
• Versatile and easy to fit
• Hexagonal design allows tightening with a wrench
• Lock PCB securely into place
• Mild steel material for mechanical strength and resistance to high-temperature environments. Metal standoffs also keep electrical conductivity when looking to maintain a circuit
• Zinc plating for resistance to oxidation and corrosion